Discover a pantry favorite with minimal effort and a touch of cooking in this easy, crowd-pleasing dinner enjoyed by everyone.
Sloppy Joes are a delightful mess to eat but so much fun. Picture this Italian-inspired dish with sloppy cheese, Texas Toast as the bread, and a hearty meat sauce topped with melted cheese! This meal is sure to be a hit with the kids at dinner!
It’s a fantastic recipe for a quick dinner that will have everyone in your family hooked—it’s truly irresistible! Give it a try ASAP and share the results with us. I love hearing your comments and learning about the kinds of recipes you enjoy!
- 500 grams of lean ground pork
- 2 and a half cups of chopped onions
- Garlic powder (approximately 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 2 teaspoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 4 pieces of Green Mill Texas Toast
- Cheddar cheese
Before you start: Ensure your oven is preheated to 375 degrees for optimal baking.
- In a pan over medium heat, brown the ground pork and chopped onions, then drain any excess liquid.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat until it thickens to the desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, place Green Mill Texas Toast in the preheated oven and bake for about 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon the Sloppy Joe mixture over the golden brown Texas Toast.
- Finish by spreading shredded cheddar cheese on each slice of toast.
If you’re on the lookout for similar recipes, feel free to explore the related posts I’ve added below!