Here’s a classic dish straight from the southern United States that packs a punch: Cornbread. Originating from Indian cuisine, this delicacy strikes a balance between sweet and savory, thanks to the natural sweetness of corn. It’s versatile enough to be enjoyed as a dessert or as a side dish, making it a favorite among food enthusiasts.
While traditional cornbread may not fit into vegetarian or gluten-free diets, it’s a hit among those who appreciate wholesome and original flavors. This recipe offers a twist on the classic, providing a version with no added sugar, incorporating 0% yogurt, and using low-fat butter for a healthier option without sacrificing taste.
- 100g organic cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 25g light butter
- 15g 0% drinking yogurt
- Prepare the baking pan by greasing its sides and preheating the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, organic cornmeal, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Once the dry ingredients are mixed, add the yogurt and eggs, stirring until well combined. If needed, add a few drops of milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the cornbread turns a light golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cornbread can be enjoyed hot, sliced, as a snack, or paired with various meals. Dive into the delightful flavors of this classic dish and savor every bite!